2010 NFBC Diamond, Ultimate and Super Signup List

Postby Hells Satans » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:00 am

Is there going to be an Ultimate League draft in AC? Right now, there are 2 people signed up, and I'd prefer not to write a $5k check for a league that won't happen.
Hells Satans

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:31 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:

Is there going to be an Ultimate League draft in AC? Right now, there are 2 people signed up, and I'd prefer not to write a $5k check for a league that won't happen.
If this is Robert, I apologize for not calling you on Monday. I meant to, but then with the bad weather coming I changed my flight and rushed to ST. Louis.

Creating an Ultimate Draft League that first weekend in AC and LV is going to be difficult. However, we do have interest in the Ultimate Draft League the second weekend among the various cities. Anyone who wants to draft in the Ultimate League should likely plan for that second weekend and we'll work on a way to get you in via phone, online or on site. We'd love to have everyone in one draft room, but we know how to make this enjoyable and seamless even if you can't make it to that live event.

I'll gladly explain on the phone if anyone is interested. Just drop me an email at [email]greg@fanball.com[/email] and I'll call you soon. And if you are planning for a Super or Ultimate League but don't officially want to put payment down just yet, email me your intentions as well and I'll make sure to set aside a spot for you. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius
Greg Ambrosius

Postby Hells Satans » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:40 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:

[b] Is there going to be an Ultimate League draft in AC? Right now, there are 2 people signed up, and I'd prefer not to write a $5k check for a league that won't happen.
If this is Robert, I apologize for not calling you on Monday. I meant to, but then with the bad weather coming I changed my flight and rushed to ST. Louis.

Creating an Ultimate Draft League that first weekend in AC and LV is going to be difficult. However, we do have interest in the Ultimate Draft League the second weekend among the various cities. Anyone who wants to draft in the Ultimate League should likely plan for that second weekend and we'll work on a way to get you in via phone, online or on site. We'd love to have everyone in one draft room, but we know how to make this enjoyable and seamless even if you can't make it to that live event.

I'll gladly explain on the phone if anyone is interested. Just drop me an email at [email]greg@fanball.com[/email] and I'll call you soon. And if you are planning for a Super or Ultimate League but don't officially want to put payment down just yet, email me your intentions as well and I'll make sure to set aside a spot for you. Thanks all. [/b][/QUOTE]That's me. Thanks. You can count me in if we do some kind of online version of an Ultimate League (or even an AC event the following weekend). I'll hold off sending in payment until the details shake out, but hold a spot for me, and assuming everythings jives with schedules, I'll send in the money. Thanks.
Hells Satans

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:57 am

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Hells Satans:

[qb]
That's me. Thanks. You can count me in if we do some kind of online version of an Ultimate League (or even an AC event the following weekend). I'll hold off sending in payment until the details shake out, but hold a spot for me, and assuming everythings jives with schedules, I'll send in the money. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]Perfect. We'll be able to make this work. I'll call you this week. I don't need your money right now, just your commitment. We'll fill this one up and have some fun on Sunday, March 28th or Sunday, March 21st.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius
Greg Ambrosius

Postby Less than Dave » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:11 am

Did someone drop out of that Super League? Because now I am #15... I was hoping another league would fill up, but this works too... Kent gets his wish.
Less than Dave

Postby Chest Rockwell » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:53 am

Originally posted by Less than Dave:

Did someone drop out of that Super League? Because now I am #15... I was hoping another league would fill up, but this works too... Kent gets his wish.
cool this league just got weaker....... Looking forward to meeting you Dave and hoping you and your boys stay out till 4am while little ole Chest is tucked away in his jammies before 10pm.

[ February 13, 2010, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Chest Rockwell ]
Chest Rockwell

Postby Less than Dave » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:45 pm

hahahaha... now why would you need me to do that if I'm such a weak owner? Well, I'll certainly be out later than 10PM, but they know I'm not gonna stay out too late on Fri and Sat night... I tend to take things seriously with 10k on the line...
Less than Dave

Postby Tom Kessenich » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:15 am

Yes, we had an owner drop out of the Super last week so that moved you up Dave. I'm glad we were able to accomodate you and happy we had 16 to keep the league full in case something like this occurred.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich
Tom Kessenich

Postby Chest Rockwell » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:22 am

hahahaha... now why would you need me to do that if I'm such a weak owner? Well, I'll certainly be out later than 10PM, but they know I'm not gonna stay out too late on Fri and Sat night... I tend to take things seriously with 10k on the line...
Are you staying at Bellagio? If so we need to grab a cold one. I will have little time beyond Thur night. 4 drafts in a 48 hour period after that...
Chest Rockwell

Postby DiamondKing » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:03 am

Kent.Be sure to look me up.I will arrive thursday.Dave
All pigs are created equal.Some are more equal than others.
DiamondKing

Postby Less than Dave » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:39 am

Kent I'm staying across the street at the Flamingo... you goin to the NCAA VIP party? I was planning to do that if ya wanna grab a beer there... yeah I also have 4 drafts Sat/Sun... 2 on each day 10 AM - 4PM
Less than Dave

Postby Sebadiah23 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm getting a little worried about these leagues not filling. Tom, can you put me in the Super also, in case the Ultimate doesn't fill? Come on peoples!

-Craig
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26
Sebadiah23

Postby Sack » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Craig, we have room for you in Vegas. ;)
Sack

Postby Sebadiah23 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Ken, I have to be home that day to pretend I'm not obsessed with fantasy baseball!

-Craig
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26
Sebadiah23

Postby KJ Duke » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:00 pm

We lost one in the ultimate auction? This is THE best event of the season, do people know that? The Diamond may be nice, but it's no auction.

Get this filled up E!!! Roll out the perks. :D
KJ Duke

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:18 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

We lost one in the ultimate auction? This is THE best event of the season, do people know that? The Diamond may be nice, but it's no auction.

Get this filled up E!!! Roll out the perks. :D
We have 10 owners right now and two more are on the fence. I haven't heard from Mr. Greg Morgan, who loves the auction format and has been a regular in the Ultimate Auction for years. He also must need a tax writeoff after going to Las Vegas for a second straight year on the WCOFF!! :D Someone contact him for me as I can't get a hold of him.

Can we get to 13 and then find two more? That's the hope now. Help us push this along if you can because we also want to do this again.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius
Greg Ambrosius

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:59 am

Okay, we had a major run of owners moving from the Ultimate Draft League on Sunday, March 28th to the Super League and that Super is now filled with 15 owners. I'm somewhat disappointed because I still would like to get an Ultimate Draft League for folks this year and that's going to be tough to do now.

Tomorrow I'll lay out some ideas because I think there are still some folks who want to do a Super or an Ultimate League that weekend. Should we try for another Super on Sunday at 4 pm PT?? Should we move the Ultimate Draft League to 4 pm PT, even though we're still trying to fill an Ultimate Auction League at that time?

I'll try to figure this out and post some ideas tomorrow. I'm glad that we're closing in on three Super Leagues, but maybe there's one more big money private league yet to fill. Stay tuned.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius
Greg Ambrosius

Postby Walla Walla » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Greg you said "Okay, we had a major run of owners moving from the Ultimate Draft League on Sunday, March 28th to the Super League and that Super is now filled with 15 owners."

Did they not know they were jumping from the frying pan into the fire? Sack's wife just ran out the door with the credit card screaming shopping binge! :D
Walla Walla

Postby poopy tooth » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:37 pm

I see I just missed a superleague. Please keep me in mind in case of any openings.

[ February 17, 2010, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: poopy tooth ]
poopy tooth

Postby Bull Pen Pugs » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:28 pm

WOW! I was thinking of doing the Super on the 28th, but 4 ppl joined in the past 19 hrs!!! Just emailed Greg about it last night, lol.

I will keep an eye out for another super if offered on the 28th and maybe get in if it has momentum. Im leaning towards it......

[ February 17, 2010, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Bull Pen Pugs ]
Bull Pen Pugs

Postby Sack » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Walla Walla:

I had better CATCH my lovely wife in time, because unless she has cash to spend, those credit cards are going to be filled with NFBC entry fees! ;)

John, glad to see the league fill. Always like building up to that last afternoon for the BIG DRAFT. Should be fun, Luny and I are looking forward to competing against a very tough bunch.
Sack

Postby Sack » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:37 pm

ROLL - welcome aboard, didn't think you would take my advice!

Understand the move, nobody wants to GET shutout. Good luck.
Sack

Postby poopy tooth » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 am

Greg/Tom,

I'd like to sign up for the Super on the 20th. I'll submit online if it helps. I'd be drafting by phone.

And yes, I will make sure Stephen Jupinka will regret signing up for this league! :D

Quahogs - how have you been my friend? Hope all is going well.
poopy tooth

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:26 am

Originally posted by poopy tooth:

Greg/Tom,

I'd like to sign up for the Super on the 20th. I'll submit online if it helps. I'd be drafting by phone.

And yes, I will make sure Stephen Jupinka will regret signing up for this league! :D

Quahogs - how have you been my friend? Hope all is going well.
No need to do it online yet. Let's get to 15 owners first. I think you make 11. Thanks Michael. Phone will work.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius
Greg Ambrosius

Postby Less than Dave » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:12 am

Holy crap! Our Ultimate League is gone! Well, that really sucks.. all I can say is I have other leagues March 27 10 AM and 4 PM and March 28 at 4 PM.. which is why March 28 10 AM worked for me... but I'd like to figure something out to get an Ultimate League goin.. it would suck to not even have 1 this year....
Less than Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Signup Forum