Strawberry

Postby Edwards Kings » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:46 pm

The chant "Darryl...Darryl...Darryl!" Has new meaning. Turns out, the fans were just wondering why Strawberry was late to the field?

From the NY Post:

"He couldn’t have scored without them.

Horndog Mets legend Darryl Strawberry revealed Thursday how he used to round the bases with groupies — even between innings during games — with the help of teammates and coaches.

The eight-time All-Star outfielder told Dr. Oz that he would enlist locker-room attendants to fetch frisky female fans from the stands and then get it on with them in the clubhouse in between stints on the field — aided by some very helpful teammates and coaches."

Now it appears the "Straw-man" has turned his life around after the drugs, so that is good. But this new revelation brings a few thoughts to mind:

1) Even with TV, the time between innings in those games where you were not expected to bat (true...with the Mets, if you are fourth up in the inning odds were/are you are not going to get an AB) is pretty quick. Me thinks Darryl needs a new nick name...perhaps "Rabbit"...and not for his base stealing prowess...or "Thumper"?

2) Darryl admitted he did a lot of drugs in those days...I wonder if he knew exactly what/who he was doing in the clubhouse during the games? For example, did the Mets have a turnover (pun intended) issue with the club attendants?

3) I do not know about you, but if I tried to run to be somewhere I was supposed to be AND was trying to zip up at the same time...well, let's just say Thumper's little joy toy may have had it rough in those days...

Disillusionment is what little heroes are made of. E. K. Hornbeck - Inherit the Wind (1960)
Edwards Kings

Return to General NFBC Discussion/Contest Info