Stats Question

Postby Edwards Kings » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:18 am

It appears STATS hasn't updated the Owned/Started percentages (at least it doesn't appear so from my computer). For example, I have Hawpe on my bench, but it shows him as 100% owned and 100% started. Is it me, or can we get them to update.

Also, which/how many leagues are supposed to go into the owned/started numbers? I have heard 30, but mathmatically it appears to be 34.

Thanks!

[ April 14, 2009, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Edwards Kings ]
I will kneel before God and stand-up for the United States.
Edwards Kings

Stats Question

Postby Edwards Kings » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:29 am

Also, the "Player Ratings" only are calculating the counting stats, not ERA, WHIP, or AVG. Not sure if this is normal because the season is so new.
I will kneel before God and stand-up for the United States.
Edwards Kings

Stats Question

Postby Navel Lint » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:19 am

Also,

The overall point totals for the main event in individual stat categories seems to be calculated incorrectly.

Ex; In the RBI category the first place owner alone at the top with 75 rbi is getting 389pts.

The next 5 teams are tied and getting 386 pts , but it should be 387

The owner in last place is actually losing 14 points :eek: instead of getting 1 point.

This may already be a known problem, but I thought I’d add it here just in case.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson
Navel Lint

Stats Question

Postby sportsbettingman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:49 am

Originally posted by rucrew2:

Also,

The overall point totals for the main event in individual stat categories seems to be calculated incorrectly.

Ex; In the RBI category the first place owner alone at the top with 75 rbi is getting 389pts.

The owner in last place is actually losing 14 points :eek: instead of getting 1 point.

This may already be a known problem, but I thought I’d add it here just in case.
WOW...this is rediculous.

STATS. :rolleyes:

For a company that NAMES itself STATS to be screwed up as often as it is...is unacceptable.

If this were year #1 or #2 of the NFBC, and it was working out kinks...fine...but it's not year one.

[ April 14, 2009, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein
sportsbettingman

Stats Question

Postby sportsbettingman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:11 am

It's not just RBI...it's every category.

13-21 teams or more in each category I looked at getting either ZERO (impossible in this scoring system) or NEGATIVE points.

...and the programming for this scoring system doesn't get much easier.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein
sportsbettingman

Stats Question

Postby Navel Lint » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:18 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

quote:

[b] Also,

For a company that NAMES itself STATS to be screwed up as often as it is...is unacceptable.

If this were year #1 or #2 of the NFBC, and it was working out kinks...fine...but it's not year one. [/b][/QUOTE]This is just a guess, but I think it has to do with the way teams are listed with multiple owners.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson
Navel Lint

Stats Question

Postby JamesH » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:36 am

I wonder if these issues are known by STATS? Have they been contacted to correct them?
JamesH

Stats Question

Postby JohnZ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 am

quote:
Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

[b]
quote:

[b] Also,

If this were year #1 or #2 of the NFBC, and it was working out kinks...fine...but it's not year one. [/b][/QUOTE]This is just a guess, but I think it has to do with the way teams are listed with multiple owners. [/b][/QUOTE]I just looked at the hitters and there are random numbers missing like no one is ranked #183, and things like ONE GUY is listed at 172.5. I saw a few others like this and would guess it occurs 14 times so the last guy has a -14.
JohnZ

Stats Question

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:11 am

Also,

I don't know what that's about. I've asked STATS to look into this and correct it. Sorry.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius
Greg Ambrosius

Stats Question

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:44 am

Also,

This has been fixed. Sorry for the earlier miscue.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius
Greg Ambrosius

Return to Commissioner Questions